Parenting can be a nightmare if you focus on unimportant things
Dorsa Amir is a developmental scientist, and she shares things you shouldn't do
1. Not everything has to be educational
2. You don't have to teach your kids something all the time
3. Some things you don't need to teach
4. Boredom is an important experience
5. They should experience social conflict
6. They should experience negative emotions
7. You don't have to be fun
8. Not everything should revolve around your kids
9. Kids don't need so many toys
10. Give them chores
11. There are millions of different ways of being human
12. It is all good
13. We are not building chares...
Give yourself patience and grace
People loved this advice
No need to best at everything
This makes sense:
Even people who don't have kids loved this thread
Modeling positive behavior
New parent says:
Parents need to identify:
Dig to the other side of the world:
Modern parents and sanitizing
Best toys ever:
Toilet paper and scotch tape
"I want my kid to succeed"
Parenting is not easy. On the other hand, that's the reason we love our kids so much.
Hey parents, don't sweat it! You don't need to be the perfect mom or dad. Your kids just want your love, respect, and support, whatever form that might take.
Let us know in the comments how this “anti-advice” resonates with you!